Pageviews last month

Monday, July 4, 2011

Vintage Snow Owl Latch Hook Kit

I am really into owls, maybe a little bit more than I should be, so my mother gave me this vintage latch hook kit from 1974.

She found it on ebay, and I thought this would be an interesting one to share.  As you can see I've already started, but I want to show you how it's done.
The outside of most modern latch hook kits has step by step directions on the outside, but they're confusing, and the drawings just are not very helpful to me.

1.  Slide hook through the hole and under the line keeping the hook open.

2.  Slide yarn under the shank of the hook, making sure it is even on both sides.

3.  Slide the shank down, causing the latch to come up, make sure both sides of yarn are inside the hook when it closes.

4.  Pull the latch hook all the way through.  You should be left with this:

Thankfully I had my mom to show me how, but if I was on my own to learn having real pictures instead of misleading illustrations would have been a big advantage.  

I'll be sure to post a picture of the finished product!







No comments:

Post a Comment